[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Egypt Travel Experts - Ask-Aladdin Forum • View topic - Cairo Two-star Hotel
View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:07 pm

Moderator: Rocking_Ramesses
Terriw
Post  Post subject: Cairo Two-star Hotel  |  Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am

Well, no one else has posted so I'll toss in my "two-cents worth" Stayed at what was described as a two-star hotel in Cairo - Pharaoh's in Dokki. It's a nice little place, nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. I had a room with a balcony overlooking the Nile (the hotel is one street over but the building between it and the Nile is only one-story so I had still had a nice view!). The staff is incredible - my favorite was the bartender who I chatted with each night. He told me what was within walking distance and gave me great directions as well as helping me with my horrible Egyptian Arabic!

The hotel is about a twenty minute walk to the Museum of Antiquities - the Modern Art Museum and the Opera House are on the way. Lots of great restaurants along the river and some small shops and those "stand-up" food stands along the streets behind the hotel (yeap, I ate at those places and had no ill-effects - great food!). There is also a KFC if you just have to have it and an internet cafe a block away. I only had the breakfast at Pharaoh's (simple bread, cheeses, fruit and scrambled eggs!) which was good and included. Others staying in the hotel said that the lunch and dinner was good and reasonably priced. There is an ATM at the bank at the front of the block facing the river, and traveler's checks can be cashed at the Sheraton about two blocks south or at another bank a couple of blocks north.

If you are on a budget and looking for an inexpensive hotel in Cairo, Pharaoh's is the place! If you go, tell them I said, "Sabah el kheir and hope to see them again soon!".