View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:14 pm

Moderator: Rocking_Ramesses
Suzyb21
Post  Post subject: Current situation in Egypt  |  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi my name is sue and my husband and I are due to travel to Luxor from the UK on the 17th July for a 7 day Nile cruise and then 7 nights in hurghada. Due to all the press and tv coverage we were wondering if it is still safe to go on our holiday which we have been so looking forward to. I recently retired and this is our first holiday since then. I would be interested to find out if anyone has been since the troubles started.

Rocking_Ramesses
Post  Post subject: Re: Current situation in Egypt  |  Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:54 pm
Site Admin

Hello Sue and welcome to our forum.

As you will see from my profile, I actually live in Luxor and it is quiet here with none of the problems that the Muslim Brotherhood are causing in Cairo. To be honest, any protests here have been well away from the areas that tourists go to, which means that all the sites are still open for business. Many visitors are still arriving here, whether for a stay in the town or to go on a cruise, and so there is no problem getting to and from the airport.

There are no demonstrations in Hurghada and the road from Luxor is still open as well.

Have a nice trip and enjoy yourself, the weather here is perfect and excellent for your cruise. :D