View unanswered posts
View active topics
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:12 pm

Moderators: Rocking_Ramesses, den123, Leah
chia
Post  Post subject: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm

My partner and I have just returned from our 3-week trip in Egypt organised by Ask-Aladdin, and we can't begin to express how grateful we are to them for everything they have done for us.
We decided to go with them some 8 months before our trip because of the great reviews we noticed they had, and what a great decision that was. Over the 8 months, Stuart from Ask Aladdin communicated with me over countless emails, patiently listening to our wants and desires and answering my never-ending questions. We wanted to see Cairo, Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel, cruise down the Nile, climb Mt Sinai, chill out in Dahab, and camp out in the Western Desert, yet wanted to keep out costs down. Stuart created an amazing itinerary for us but on the day of our departure, BA announced that all flights for the day were cancelled due to the heavy snow in London. I thought that our entire trip was over at that point, especially because Nile cruise was due to depart the following day. But Aladdin called us and reassured us that they would do what they could to salvage our trip, and that evening, Stuart stayed on MSN with me for more than 6 hours finding alternative flights and reorganising our entire itinerary.

We eventually left 6 days later than planned but tagged on an extra 4 days to the end of our trip to try and make up for lost time. Stuart rearranged our itinerary and ensured that we did not have to pay any cancellation charges through his witty planning and resourcefulness.

The trip itself was aa dream come true. We were given our own guides and drivers, and from the moment we arrived at Sharm airport, we never once had to worry. Our guide in Aswan/Abu Simbel/Luxor, Mohammed Kamal Allam, was not only knowledgeable and friendly, but he was helpful, passionate about Egyptology, and very good company, and went way beyond his call of duty during his time with us. He has now become a personal friend whom we certainly hope to meet again. Our guide and driver in St Catherine, the Western desert and Cairo, Motaz and Hanny, were very kind and great conversation partners, and gave us some of the most beautiful experiences of our lives. And the hotel that Ask Aladdin put us up in in Dahab, Jasmine Pension, had the most amazing balcony view of the Red Sea, and some of the most friendly staff and personalised service we had ever come across.
All in all, the service and professionalism that we have experienced with Ask Aladdin is the best around, and they clearly are more concerned about showing their clients the best Egypt has to offer than about the bottom line. Thanks for the trip of our lives!

Chia

Leah
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

What a lovely review, thanks for sharing :smile:

Rocking_Ramesses
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:49 am
Site Admin

Thanks for answering Leah, I would have felt awkward if I had been the first to answer Chia, seeing as I am mentioned in her post. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leah
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Your welcome RR :smile:

Colin
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 am

Hi all (& Stuart),

Missing Egypt a lot but not able to find the time to get there & Beth wants to go to Morocco :?: . Has anyone any news from lovely Luxor in Egypt's troubled times? Glad to hear at least one trip was a real success. Well done all you organisers...how's the academic studies going Stuart?

Colin

Rocking_Ramesses
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:11 pm
Site Admin

Hello Colin, it is always nice to hear from you. :D :D :D

Morocco is only separated from Egypt by some sand! Okay, it is the Sahara desert, but all you need do is look to the east and think that at the end of all that sand you will find us in Egypt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chia and Paul were fantastic customers, not only through the booking process but in reality as well. I really hope they can manage to return to Egypt one day. Luckily they left before the protests started, but we are starting to pick up again, all we await is the USA changing their travel advise: it has not been updated since February 18th and still advises against coming to Egypt, yet the UK and Europe (as well as Africa and Asia) have updated to safe. :-x :-x :-x

Colin, I left the University of Liverpool with a piece of A4 paper that states I have an Egyptian Archaeology BA (Hons) degree, with a 2:1 pass mark (YAY me). :-P :-P :-P

Colin
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:34 am

Hi Stuart,

Many many congratulations on your degree :smile: :smile: :smile: Really well done. Are you in Egypt now? I'd like to be in Luxor at the Maritim Jolie Ville on Kings Island right now.

lkaussie
Post  Post subject: Re: Our 3-week holiday by Ask Aladdin  |  Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:34 am

Chia, that sounds like an aamzing trip! Thanks for sharing.

Colin, I'd totally recommend Morocco, we spent 2 weeks there early in 2009.