• search
  • US

Egypt Entry Visa

Egypt Entry Visa

Most tourists and visitors to Egypt can obtain an entry visa at any ports of entry. All foreigners arriving in Egypt should have a valid passport (with at least 6 months left before expiration) to get an entry visa. However, the entry visa can also be obtained from Egyptian Diplomatic and Consular Missions abroad or when in Egypt ( for extension or renewal) from the visa department at the Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA) at Mogamma building located at Tahrir Squire in Cairo city center.

There are 2 types of Egyptian Visas:

Residence Visa: is required for any foreigner arriving in Egypt for purposes other than tourism, e.g., work, study, etc.

The possession of a valid entry visa is needed to complete the residence procedure in Egypt.

Tourist Visa: is usually valid for a period not exceeding one month and granted on either single or multiple entry bases.

  • Egypt Entry Visa is valid only for travel within three months from the date of issue and is valid only for- a month's stay in Egypt, beginning on the date of arrival.
  • If you have a reason to extend your stay, you can do that from the Ministry of Interior Affairs in Egypt after declaring the reasons for that and their acceptance of that reason.

Egyptian with Foreign Passports:

Any Egyptian citizen holding a foreign passport will be granted a courtesy visa after declaring proof of Egyptian nationality (like an Egyptian passport, personal or family identification card, or birth certificate). Also, the foreign wife to an Egyptian husband will be granted a courtesy visa after declaring proof of the marriage.

How Tourists Get Their Visa at the Airport:

The Egyptian visa is simply a stamp (like a mail or postage stamp ) that you can buy from the visa office located in the arrival hall, at the port of entry, just before the immigration booth; you can't really miss it! The visa stamp costs $25 USD only. You just stick in an empty page on your passport. Don't worry; it's so easy! Once you have bought your visa you then stand in line to get your passport stamped by the immigration officer. 


  1. While you are buying your visa upon arrival, use the opportunity to exchange some currency!
  2. Visitors entering Egypt at the overland border post at Taba to visit the Gulf of Aqaba coast and St. Catherine's can be exempt from requiring a visa and be granted a free residence permit, valid for fourteen days, to visit the area. 
  3. Those in possession of a residence permit in Egypt are not required to obtain an entry visa if they leave the country and return to it within the validity of their residence permit or within six months, whichever period is less.

Visa on Arrival

According to the Egyptian Consulate General in the United Kingdom, citizens of the following countries can obtain a visa upon arrival at any of the Egyptian ports of entry:

  •  All European Union citizens
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • Georgia
  • Japan
  • South Korea
  • Macedonia
  •  New Zealand
  •  Norway
  •  Russia
  •  Serbia
  • Ukraine
  • United States

Citizens of the Following 7 Countries and Territories  Have Full Visa-free upon arrival: 

  • Bahrain
  • Hong Kong
  • Kuwait
  • Lebanon -  *They must land only at Borg El Arab Airport, 
  • or Hurghada Airport 
  • or Sharm El-Sheikh Airport if arriving on a charter flight
  • Macao
  • Oman
  • Saudi Arabia
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Malaysia


     (14 days)

Granting Visa-free under certain conditions for:

  •  Algeria – aged 14 years and below.
  •  Libya – female nationals or residents of Butnan District on Sundays and Mondays.
  •  Jordan – For those holding a normal 5-year passport, a provided passport does not contain a stamp from the Jordanian Registration Office on the reverse side cover of the passport (on page 60)
  •  Morocco – aged 14 years and below
  •  Sudan – aged 50 years and above or 16 years and below or being a female national
  •  South Sudan – aged 50 years and above or 16 years and below or being a female national
  •  Tunisia – aged 14 years and below
  •  Yemen – 50 years and above or 16 years and below or traveling for medical reasons
  •  China –if you provide a return ticket, an upper-class hotel reservation, and an equivalent of USD 2000

GCC residents:

  • Passengers with a valid residence permit issued by a GCC Member State can obtain a visa on arrival (25 USD )  valid for a maximum stay of 30 days.
  • The residence permit must be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the arrival date.

Egypt Electronic Visa:

  • The Egyptian e-Visa will be granted to all those who apply online and correctly meet the e-Visa requirements. 
  • Prior to the implementation of the Egypt e-Visa, foreign nationals from the following countries could obtain a visa-on-arrival at any port of entry in Egypt.
  • Now it is possible to obtain an approved e-Visa before departing to your destination in Egypt. The Egyptian e-Visa application process is simple and can be easily completed before departure. This will facilitate entry into the country once you arrive.

Below is a list of  countries eligible for an Egypt e-Visa:









Czech Republic





















North Korea









South Korea




the United Kingdom

United States


1. Tourism Visa: Issued for single or multiple entries to persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Egypt. The type of visa you must have is defined by the Arab Republic of Egypt and  Egyptian visa regulations and relates to the purpose of your travel.

Visa type Visa fees
Single entry visa (Tourism) 25$
Multiple entries visa (Tourism) 60$

To get your e-Visa, Please email Click here

Transit Visa:

Holders of onward tickets can transit for a maximum time of 48 hours. This is not applicable to nationals of Iran who are required to hold a transit visa. Leaving the airport is permitted for passengers with transit time between 6 and 48 hours. Passengers with a transit time of fewer than 6 hours may leave the transit area but not the airport. This is not applicable to nationals of Afghanistan, Lebanon, Palestine, and the Philippines, who must remain in the transit area (airside) and continue on the same or first connecting aircraft.

  • experts
  • thumns
  • trip
  • ask