The Ismailia Museum opened in 1932 in a building constructed in a style inspired by the Greco-Roman architecture of Egypt. The collection includes approximately 4,000 objects from the Pharaonic and Graeco-Roman eras, including such outstanding pieces as a large and beautifully preserved Roman floor mosaic dating to the 3rd century B.C. A beautiful garden serves as an open-air gallery for statuary and stelae. Labels are in Arabic and English.
Hours Of Operation
Open daily from 9 AM-5 PM and from 9 AM-3 PM during Ramadan.
Egyptian: LE 1 (LE 0.50, students)
Foreign: LE 6 (LE 3, students)
Student rates are available to bearers of a valid student ID from an Egyptian university or an International Student ID Card (ISIC).
Salah Salem St., Al-Afareng, Ismailia
View Larger Map
BY TAXI: ask for "met-haf al-Ismailia"
Phone: (064) 322749
Please note the museum is wheelchair-accessible and flash photography is strictly prohibited.