The UAE is a melting pot of cultures, beliefs and traditions. It’s also home to some of the most exciting and varied entertainment options in the world. From glitzy nightclubs to secluded beaches, the UAE has something for everyone. With so much going on it can be hard keeping track of everything, which is why we have created this ultimate directory. Whether you’re looking for things to do with kids, date ideas or simply somewhere new to explore, we have it all covered! There are so many different types of entertainment available in the UAE that it can be a little overwhelming at first. But don’t worry; that’s where we come in!
The UAE boasts some of the best music scenes on the planet, so you’re sure to find a venue to suit your taste. Whether you want to rock out at a live concert or chill out to some mellow tunes, there’s a place for everyone. - Abu Dhabi Corniche - This is the place to go for outdoor concerts during the cooler months. The iconic Corniche is the perfect place to enjoy a night under the stars with a great view of Abu Dhabi’s skyline in the distance. - ADEW - If you’re into electronic dance music, then ADEW is your place. This nightclub is located in the heart of Abu Dhabi and hosts some of the world’s biggest DJs. Head here on a Friday or Saturday night and you’ll be sure to have a night to remember. - Abu Dhabi Cultural Centre - If you want to hear some live music, but prefer something a little more low key, then the Cultural Centre is the place for you. This a great place to go if you’re looking for something more chilled out and laid back. - Dubai Jazz Festival - Held every November, this 3-day event features some of the biggest names in jazz. The festival is held in the Dubai Amphitheatre and is known for attracting a more mature audience. - Dubai Opera - If you’re looking for a place to enjoy some classical music and opera, then the Dubai Opera is the place to go. This is a stunning venue with a very regal feel. - Dubai World Trade Centre - You can catch a live show at the Dubai World Trade Centre almost any night of the week. This is a great place to catch a variety show as well as musical performances. You’ll find mostly amateur productions here, but they’re definitely worth checking out. - Grand Midan - The Grand Midan is all about live music and DJs. Located in the heart of Dubai, this place is all about the party. There’s no cover charge, so it’s great for budget conscious folks. - Grand Theatre - The Grand Theatre is another great place to catch live performances and musical shows. Make sure to check what’s on during your stay as there is always new shows and concerts coming through.
- Al Badia Sailing - Located on the Palm Jumeirah, Al Badia Sailing is an excellent place for families to spend a day. This is an especially good option for those who like to get out on the water. - Bab Al Shafi - If family members are more interested in sand than sea, Bab Al Shafi is a great option. This is a desert oasis right in the heart of Dubai, but with plenty of shade and plenty of water, it’s a great place to relax. - Camel Beach - Camel Beach is a great place to bring the family. It’s located a short drive from Dubai and offers beach access, swimming, jet skiing and fishing. - Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo - This popular attraction is a must-see for lovers of all things marine. Kids will love getting up close to the various fish species on display here.
- Desert Safari - This is a must-do for anyone visiting the UAE. Desert Safaris are the perfect way to explore the desert and learn more about the country’s culture and history. - Camel Trekking - Another great way to explore the desert and learn more about the local culture is camel trekking. This is a great option for families with younger children. - Desert Walk - For something a little different, why not explore the desert on foot? Desert walks are a great option for those looking for something a little more removed from the typical desert experience. - Flyboarding - Flyboarding is an incredibly unique and exciting desert activity. This is the perfect way to get a rush and experience something new and different.
- Abu Dhabi Corniche - This is by far the best beach in the UAE. The Corniche is not only one of the best beaches in UAE; it’s also one of the best beaches in the whole region. - Arabian Gulf Beach - This is Dubai’s most popular beach and is a great option for swimming. Make sure to bring a swimsuit though; this is a fully public beach. - Jumeriah Beach - This is a little less busy than the Arabian Gulf Beach, but still makes for a great place to swim. - Khorfakkan Beach - This is the best beach in the UAE’s Eastern coast. It is a long stretch of white-sand beach with crystal clear water.
- Al Badia Beach Restaurant - This is one of the best places to go if you want to enjoy some seafood while taking in a beautiful view. The restaurant is on the Corniche and it’s hard to find a more picturesque location. - The Beach House - This is another one of the best places to enjoy a beautiful view. It’s located on the Arabian Gulf Beach and makes for the perfect sunset dinner. - The Burj Al Arab - This iconic Dubai hotel is home to the very best restaurant in the UAE. If you’re looking for a truly special dining experience, then this is the place for you.
- Booze Cruises - The UAE is famous for its top-notch nightclubs and lounges, but if you’re looking for something a little more relaxed, then you can’t go past a booze cruise. These are great for groups and are some of the best activities for adults only in the UAE.
- Arabian Spa - If you want to unwind and relax, head to one of the numerous spas in the UAE. These are great for groups and make for the perfect activity for adults only. -
Go Karting - This makes for a great activity for groups and is one of the best ways to let off some steam and have a good time. There are several go-karting venues in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other parts of UAE.
- Dubai is the mecca of shopping in the UAE and is home to some of the most beautiful and grand shopping malls in the world. Dubai Mall is the biggest and best shopping mall in the UAE, but there are plenty of other great places to shop in the city. - Abu Dhabi is a little less commercial than Dubai and is home to a few less well-known malls. It’s still a great place to shop, but it’s a little more relaxed and less hectic. - The Souk - There is nothing quite like the traditional Souk experience. The Souk is a great place to go if you’re looking for more cultural shopping. The best Souks to visit in the UAE are in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
The UAE is a fun-loving country that loves to celebrate life. And what better way to do that than by attending some of the best events and festivals in the world? The best thing about these events is that they’re family-friendly and open to everyone, regardless of age or background. Make sure to check the event calendar during your stay to ensure you don’t miss a thing!