Hurghada Travel Guide
The Red Sea is filled with many beautiful destinations. If you’re looking for somewhere that combines all the best things about an ocean getaway, look no further than Hurghada. This resort town on Egypt's Red Sea coast has an abundance of great spots to eat, drink, and party; not to mention the natural beauty of the area is second to none. You might be wondering if it’s a safe place to visit as there has been some media coverage regarding safety in Egypt. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean you shouldn’t go—especially if you plan carefully and avoid the most volatile areas. Red Sea Beach Hotels is a safe option as they are situated on remote beaches far from any potential danger zones. Keep reading for all the information you need to know before visiting Hurghada as well as tips on where to stay and what to see during your stay.
Hurghada Travel Tips
- Avoid travel to the Sinai Peninsula: The Sinai Peninsula is on the southern tip of Egypt and has been an area of strife since the Arab Spring. It is not advised to travel to this region as it is very dangerous.
- Avoid crowded beaches: Certain beaches are more popular than others. If possible, avoid these as they can be very crowded.
- Research the air quality: Hurghada has a problem with air pollution. During certain times of the year, the air quality is so poor that it’s not advised to go outside without a mask.
- Take care when driving: Driving in Egypt can be a challenging experience. Always be aware of your surroundings and follow the rules of the road.
- Vaccinations are not required: While it’s always best to be fully prepared, you don’t need vaccinations to visit Hurghada.
- Watch your belongings: The same as in any major city, you should be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on your belongings.
- Keep a low profile: Egyptians are generally friendly and welcoming people, but it’s best to follow their lead.
Where to Stay in Hurghada
There are many great hotels to stay in Hurghada. The trick is to find the one that suits your needs and style best. Here are some of the top choices:
- Red Sea Beach Hotels: If you’re looking for a beachside experience, then beach hotels are the way to go. There are many different options to choose from including everything from luxury resorts to budget hotels.
- Downtown Hotels: If you prefer to stay inland, there are plenty of great options as well. These are often much cheaper than their beachside counterparts, but they are close enough to the beach to make it easy to get around.
Activities in Hurghada
There are plenty of great activities to do in Hurghada. Here are some of the best:
- Visit the Pyramids at Giza: Giza, just a short car ride from Cairo, is home to one of the Seven Wonders of the World: the Great Pyramids of Giza. They are a must-see for any vacation to Egypt.
- Visit the Great Sphinx: Also located in Giza, the Sphinx is a massive stone statue that is believed to be thousands of years old.
- Visit the Egyptian Museum in Cairo: While the Pyramids are a must-see, the Egyptian Museum may be an even better place to start your vacation to Egypt. This museum is filled with cultural treasures from all periods of Egyptian history.
- Relax and enjoy the beach: If you’re looking for something a bit more low-key, the beaches in both Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh are some of the best in the world.
Dining in Hurghada
If you love to dine out, Hurghada is sure to please. Here are some of the best places to eat in the city:
- Fish Market: The fish market is the place to go if you’re craving some seafood. This is a lively outdoor area with a great atmosphere—a perfect place to start your evening in Hurghada.
- Arabian Nights: Arabian Night is a themed restaurant that transports you to the desert during the Golden Age of Arabia. This is a great place for families and anyone looking for a unique dining experience.
- Pyramisa Café: This is one of the best places to eat in Hurghada if you love seafood. There is a great selection of seafood and it’s reasonably priced.
- Farine: If you’re craving something different, Farine is the place to get a taste of authentic German food.
- Café del Mar: This is a great place to get a drink and some light bites. Café del Mar is open for both lunch and dinner and is one of the best places to watch the sunset over the Red Sea.
- El Fishawy: If you’re craving something a bit different, this is a great option. It’s a traditional Egyptian restaurant that serves a variety of delicious and authentic dishes.
Nightlife in Hurghada
If you’re looking to party, there are plenty of great options in Hurghada. Here are some of the best places to enjoy the nightlife:
- Red Sea Bar: This is a great place to kick off the night. It has a lively atmosphere and is a great place to meet other travelers.
- MOSAIC Lounge: If you want to go a bit classier, MOSAIC is a great option. This is a popular place among locals and tourists alike.
- Bay Beach Club: If you want a more low-key night out, the Bay Beach Club is a great option. This is a great place to go for drinks and to enjoy the view of the Red Sea.
Hurghada is a fantastic place to visit on your holiday to Egypt. It is a vibrant beach town that is great for singles and families alike. Make sure to follow the tips above to make the most out of your trip to Hurghada.